[cmake-developers] Fwd: CMake System Prefix Path

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 16:29:52 EDT 2013

Forwarding this for Ben.

Would it be reasonable to have a way to not add the CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX
to the CMAKE_SYSTEM_PREFIX_PATH?

The install prefix is not cleared before the CI build on build.kde.org
because the dependency graph is quite large (everything depends on Qt,
most things depend on kdelibs, some things depend on kdepimlibs etc).

Successful builds are uploaded to a master server and build nodes will
re-download that if they have no version of the dependency. That
re-download can be huge and take significant time, so it is avoided by
also not clearing the install prefix on each of the build nodes.

Is the only solution to this as Ben describes with
passing NO_CMAKE_SYSTEM_PATH to CMake?