[cmake-developers] C++11 and target_compiler_feature proposal

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 12:27:39 EDT 2013

Stephen Kelly wrote:

> I'll try to get a reviewable and first-feature-complete infrastructure
> branch together soon.

Meanwhile, I've been continuing work on the target_compiler_features topic,
which is for REQUIRED features.

It's mostly feature complete now, but with a few things missing like adding
-std flags for the correct compiler versions. It includes transitive
requirement of compiler features, and a generator expression for testing
whether a target has enabled the feature. It's also missing some unit tests
etc.

As this is orthogonal to an compilerdetection.h header, which is for
optional features, I think I can polish this up and get it master soonish.

Any comments?