[cmake-developers] Ninja: using dependency database

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Mon Oct 21 10:13:51 EDT 2013

On 10/21/2013 9:06 AM, Brad King wrote:
>> >Therefore ninja master is needed, please update your build
>> >server.
Is there a way we can get a better error message telling people they
need to upgrade ninja?

http://open.cdash.org/viewConfigure.php?buildid=3067884
Configure Output:
-- Check for working C compiler using: Ninja
-- Check for working C compiler using: Ninja -- broken
CMake Error at
/home/dashboard/BotFarm/Chameleon-14/CMake/Default/CMake/Modules/CMakeTestCCompiler.cmake:61
(message):
   The C compiler "/usr/bin/cc" is not able to compile a simple test
program.
   It fails with the following output:
   ninja: error: rules.ninja:18: unexpected variable 'deps'=
     deps = gcc
               ^ near here

Is there some simple test we can do to make sure ninja is the right version?

-Bill