[cmake-developers] [CMake 0014497]: Ninja & CMake 2.8.12: warning when generating resource file out of source tree

Mantis Bug Tracker mantis at public.kitware.com
Mon Oct 21 03:51:22 EDT 2013

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
http://www.cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=14497
Reported By:                Gregoire
Assigned To:
Project:                    CMake
Issue ID:                   14497
Category:                   CMake
Reproducibility:            always
Severity:                   minor
Date Submitted:             2013-10-21 03:51 EDT

Issue happens when I generate a resource file in the build tree (out of source)
on windows (msvc or mingw) using "Ninja" generator.

If I generate the resource inside the source tree, no issue.
If I generate a source (not a resource), no issue for both in source and build
trees.
If I use native build tool (nmake or mingw32-make), no issue.

Steps to Reproduce:
(See attached project)
Under Windows, use Ninja generator under windows in an out of source build tree
to generate the project.
The warning is displayed at build time when invoking ninja.

Issue History
Date Modified    Username       Field                    Change