[cmake-developers] Perforce Patch for CTest

Matthew Woehlke matthew.woehlke at kitware.com
Thu Oct 17 18:13:27 EDT 2013

On 2013-10-17 16:59, Brad King wrote:
> On 10/17/2013 04:56 PM, Rolf Eike Beer wrote:
>> We should think if this should be something that is needed. Running some sort
>> of background process is a common pattern for all sorts of tests. Often really
>> detaching is not needed, It is usually sufficient to have one process running in
>> the background while the tests runs.
>
> As I explained in a sibling response the KWSys Process library
> has support for creating detached processes.  It should only be
> a matter of exposing that through execute_process command options.

Probably not a bad idea. Does KWSys get the resulting PID? If yes, it
might be good to have a way to pass that back into CMake in order to
also add a kill_process command at the same time in order to have a
general way to stop processes launched in the background. (And/or a
wait_process, etc.)

Something to keep in mind...

--
Matthew