[cmake-developers] find PATHS issues on Windows when Linux OS files are accessible

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Tue Oct 15 10:21:57 EDT 2013

On 10/14/2013 02:22 PM, Alan W. Irwin wrote:
> Therefore, I think a good compromise would be to provide both of these
> possibilities to users, with the first one being used by default, but
> with the second one used instead if a specific variable or property
> (called, say, IGNORE_PATHS_WITHOUT_DRIVE_LETTERS) is set to true on
> Windows platforms.

Okay, please open an issue tracker entry for this with a link back
to the list archive for this thread.

The change will be a bit more involved because there can be sources
of search paths besides the hard-coded PATHS options that produce
UNIX-style paths.  Also network paths "//machine/share/..." should
still work.  A better description may be "unrooted" paths which can
be interpreted on each platform to mean "paths without a root
component recognized by the host operating system".