[cmake-developers] CPack: 7-zip generator

Pau Garcia i Quiles pgquiles at elpauer.org
Sun Oct 13 16:02:56 EDT 2013

On Sun, Oct 13, 2013 at 9:55 PM, Eric Noulard <eric.noulard at gmail.com>wrote:

The first step would be to update the patch against current master
> and verify that all CPack* tests are ok.
>
> > Maybe you can push the code in a branch on cmake stage and try to get it
> > accepted into master ?
>
> That would be the best approach, and may be opening a feature request
> in the tracker as well:
> http://public.kitware.com/Bug/main_page.php

OK, I'll do that.

Given that 3.0 is already in the roadmap and IIUC there will be no 2.8.13,
what should I expect? What branch should I base on? Should I wait until the
roadmap for 3.0 has clarified or should I start work ASAP?

I am also hoping to get EXTRACT_COMMAND in ExternalProject:

https://elpauer.assembla.com/code/elpauercmake/git/nodes/epa_extract_command

(branch is a bit dated)

Essentially, it adds an EXTRACT_COMMAND to ExternalProject_Add so that you
can tell CMake to download a file it does not know how to extract (e. g. an
MSI or an NSIS installer), then tell it how to extract it (e. g. "msiexec
/a /qb downloadedfile.msi TARGETDIR=<SOURCE_DIR>).

I could use both features (CPack 7-zip generator and EXTRACT_COMMAND in
ExternalProject_Add) in winstng.

--
Pau Garcia i Quiles
http://www.elpauer.org