[cmake-developers] Roadmap to CMake 3.0

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Fri Oct 11 16:30:06 EDT 2013

On 10/11/2013 04:18 PM, Sean McBride wrote:
> CMake 3.0 would be a good time to do

FYI, I started this roadmap thread to enumerate *already-ongoing* work
that justifies a move to 3.0.  This is not a call for wishlist items :)

> bug #11693 (removing the version number from the .app filename on OS X).

Yes, this looks like a good candidate to change on OS X.  On Windows
the installation folder name can be easily selected by the user so
the default could be version-less too.

> Maybe the regex engine could also be revisited?
>  The current one is quite slow.  bug #12381.

IIRC that left off with my "(?#TRE)" prefix proposal to switch to
the TRE implementation in a compatible way:

 http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.programming.tools.cmake.devel/2331/focus=2332

there is no need to tie this to a major version number change.