[cmake-developers] C++11 and target_compiler_feature proposal

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Fri Oct 11 11:22:56 EDT 2013

On 10/11/2013 10:56 AM, Stephen Kelly wrote:
> I assume so. The only flag I'm aware of for XL is -qlanglvl=extended0x, and
> that is equivalent to -std=c++11 afaik. What are you referring to
> specifically?

I was just touching back on the issue you originally raised about
-qlanglvl=extended0x.

> I'm in favor of sticking close to the defaults of the compiler. The user
> shouldn't have to tell CMake to use the extension if that is the default for
> the compiler anyway, just as a penalty for telling CMake about requiring
> variadic templates.

If it is a cross-platform project then it should not depend on
a non-standard language feature without saying so.  Once a
project starts using the target_compiler_feature command then
it should be aware of the implications.