[cmake-developers] Deterministic identifiers in CPack WiX generator

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Thu Oct 10 16:22:41 EDT 2013

On 10/10/2013 03:14 PM, Nils Gladitz wrote:
> I just pushed my first branch "wix-deterministic-ids" to the topic stage
> (I hope).
> Since the whole workflow is quite new to me I'd be glad for any input
> that anyone may provide.

Yes, the topic is in the right place.  Thanks.

Style comments:

- Please prefix the commit message with "CPackWiX: "
- Please avoid lines longer than 79 characters in C++ sources

You can amend the commit to resolve these and force-push the
replacement topic on the stage.

> I chose to generate identifiers after the following format:
>
> CM_<ID_TYPE><SCHEME_TYPE>_<ID_CONTENT>(_<COUNTER>)
[snip]
> Some full sample identifiers:
>      CM_DP_share.cmake_2.8.Modules
>      CM_CP_share.cmake_2.8.Modules.BundleUtilities.cmake
>      CM_FP_share.cmake_2.8.Modules.AutomocInfo.cmake.in
>      CM_FH_b44dc2f_BasicConfigVersion_SameMajorVersion.cmake.in

I'm not familiar with WiX or the requirements of these ids
so I'll defer to the CPack WiX maintainer (you) on technical
correctness.

Once the above style fixes have been pushed to the stage,
please proceed with the merge to 'next' for testing.