[cmake-developers] Suspicious Clang versions

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Tue Oct 8 12:46:48 EDT 2013

On 08/06/2013 09:19 AM, Brad King wrote:
> On second thought adding yet another dimension to the compiler
> identification is just more complexity.  We can use a separate
> compiler <id> for each variant and simply have the platform
> information modules for each vendor include the upstream one.

I've resolved this with a new AppleClang compiler id:

 Clang: Add separate "AppleClang" compiler id
 http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=ab658624

and a policy for compatibility with project code expecting
the old id for the compiler:

 Add policy CMP0025 for Apple Clang compiler id compatibility
 http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=aa53ee57