[cmake-developers] [CMake 0014461]: No way to specify destination directory of share/aclocal.m4

Mantis Bug Tracker mantis at public.kitware.com
Sun Oct 6 04:06:57 EDT 2013

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
http://www.cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=14461
Reported By:                Michael Forney
Assigned To:
Project:                    CMake
Issue ID:                   14461
Category:                   (No Category)
Reproducibility:            N/A
Severity:                   minor
Date Submitted:             2013-10-06 04:06 EDT
My distribution uses a prefix of /usr/${arch}/ for architecture dependent
executables, libraries, and headers, and /usr/share/ remains for architecture
independent files. This is mostly fine because I can pass
--datadir=../share/cmake --docdir=../share/doc/cmake-${version}/
--mandir=../share/man to ./bootstrap and things get installed to the right
places.

The exception is share/aclocal/cmake.m4. After looking at
Utilities/CMakeFiles.txt, it seems that this file is being installed to
${prefix}/share/aclocal/, when I want it to be installed to
${prefix}/../share/aclocal/ (e.g. /usr/share/aclocal/). However, there doesn't
appear to be an option I can use to get this behavior.

I'm not sure the best way to solve this issue (apart from adding a new directory
option, --aclocaldir or something), but for now I can patch
Utilities/CMakeFiles.txt to install cmake.m4 to ${CMAKE_DATA_DIR}/../aclocal/.

Issue History
Date Modified    Username       Field                    Change