[cmake-developers] CheckStructHasMember does not support C++ only structs

Daniele E. Domenichelli daniele.domenichelli at gmail.com
Fri Oct 4 05:46:34 EDT 2013

Hello,

On 02/10/13 16:23, Brad King wrote:
> They look good to me.  We'll see how the dashboards do.

Unfortunately one test is failing on several machines:

http://open.cdash.org/testSummary.php?project=1&name=CMakeOnly.CheckStructHasMember&date=2013-10-03

This is the test that is failing, according to my knowledge of C it
should build, even with very old compilers...

struct struct_with_member
{
    int foo;
};

int main()
{
    struct struct_with_member *tmp;
    tmp->foo;
    return 0;
}

Am I missing something? Is it possible to access to the
Tests/CMakeOnly/CheckStructHasMember-build/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log
files on the build machines to have a better idea of what is going on?

Cheers,
 Daniele