[cmake-developers] Perforce patch for CTest 2.8

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Tue Oct 1 07:57:00 EDT 2013

On 09/30/2013 08:36 PM, Pedro Navarro wrote:
> I've written a patch to add Perforce support for CTest 2.8. Although it still needs a little bit more work (I need to look into what I'm supposed to do with Nightly builds ) it properly notifies CTest of all details about check ins, revision numbers, authors and their E-Mail address (by matching
> them to the P4 database), local changes, etc...

Great, thanks for working on this.

> What's the proper process to submit this?

Please use "git format-patch -M origin/master.." to produce
a patch series and post it here.

> What documentation needs to be written (I've added some useful
> CMake variables like P4_CLIENT or P4_OPTIONS for example)?

Unfortunately we currently have no place for builtin CTest
variable documentation:

 http://www.cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=14246

We do have plans to add one but don't wait for that to contribute.
Just put the documentation in comments next to where the variables
are used so we can port it when we sweep through to collect CTest
variable documentation later.