[cmake-developers] Setting target properties before the target is defined ?

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 10:22:07 EDT 2013

Brad King wrote:
> The Qt5::Script entry in IMPORTED_LINK_DEPENDENT_LIBRARIES_<CONFIG> will
> be skipped by cmComputeLinkInformation::AddSharedDepItem if it is not an
> available target name because it is not a full path.
>
> When generating the Qt5 imported targets if you know dependencies will
> be in the same directory then you can just leave them out of the
> IMPORTED_LINK_DEPENDENT_LIBRARIES_<CONFIG> property altogether.

I see. Currently I don't populate IMPORTED_LINK_DEPENDENT_LIBRARIES_<CONFIG>
at all for Qt5 imported targets. This might explain why things work in spite
of that. I'm assuming all dependencies are installed in the same directory,
though that might not always be the case in the future.

I'm also a bit confused though because the Qt CI system tests Qt modules in
their build-location. In that case, if there are which private dependencies
are not in a common directory, there should be a failure. I haven't seen a
case like that yet, but if something comes up, I'll know where to look.