[cmake-developers] CMake usage requirements in KDE Frameworks

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Thu Mar 21 17:12:03 EDT 2013

On 03/21/2013 04:47 PM, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> At least for me it is also easier to differentiate between "use this when
> building foo" and "use this when using foo" vs. the three options.

Then don't use PUBLIC in your code.

Others have the opposite view.  When something does need to be in
both interfaces there is room for typos and bugs if it must be
duplicated.  That's why tll()'s LINK_PUBLIC/LINK_PRIVATE signature
was added.  Before that one had to populate LINK_INTERFACE_LIBRARIES
separately.  Often a new public library would be added to tll() and
left out of LINK_INTERFACE_LIBRARIES accidentally.