[cmake-developers] if (FOO == BAR) ...

David Cole dlrdave at aol.com
Thu Mar 21 14:56:51 EDT 2013

Unfortunately, this entire discussion nicely demonstrates and
reinforces my belief that we ought not to do this == thing...

If Alex, Brad, Matthew and I can't understand each other's meanings
within the context of this discussion, what chance does a poor user
reading through the CMake IF documentation have of getting it right?

Adding a new better way to do something without eliminating the old
not-so-good way of doing the same thing is not necessarily a good
thing. Multiple ways to do things just make people shake their heads
and ask "Why?"

I am still voting no on this one.

David C.