[cmake-developers] <TARGET> availability

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Wed Mar 20 09:05:15 EDT 2013

On 3/20/2013 4:52 AM, Vittorio Giovara wrote:
> is it possible to use the <TARGET> variable during the COMPILE_OBJECT phase?
> I see it only working on EXECUTABLE and LIBRARY steps but a few
> languages would benefit from having <TARGET> available during
> COMPILE_OBJECT as well.
> Is there any way to make it work with the current cmake version?

It would take some changes to the C++ code.  Look here:

 http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=blob;f=Source/cmMakefileTargetGenerator.cxx;hb=v2.8.10.2#l658

If one sets vars.Target next to where vars.TargetPDB is
set then the replacement should occur.  If you get it working
please respond back here with a patch.