[cmake-developers] linked-usage-cleanup regressed automoc

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Wed Mar 13 17:36:10 EDT 2013

On Wednesday 13 March 2013, Stephen Kelly wrote:
> Brad King wrote:
> > Can you and Alex agree that fix-automoc-no-qt is sufficient for
> > the upcoming release?
>
> I agree that it is sufficient.
>
> I think Alex' objection is only related to thinking that the case of a
> header-only-library-with-automoc-generated-cxx-file should be an error.

Yes, looks like it.
If this is really a feature (and not a bug), then this is probably needed.
I still think it's kind of strange.
I mean, this turns a header-only library, and for those I would expect that it
was a deliberate decision to make it header-only, into a normal link library.
Also, at least in theory, it could be a C (and not C++) header-only library,
which would then turn into C++.

Really, who is using this ?

Alex