[cmake-developers] linked-usage-cleanup regressed automoc

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Mon Mar 11 17:22:01 EDT 2013

On Monday 11 March 2013, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> Hi,
> (this is again the backtrace from the earlier, unmodified version).
> I think instead of avoiding the case where the code crashes, it should not
> crash.
>
> I pushed the branch AutomocFixWithoutQt to stage.
> It mostly reverts the previous change.
> Additionally it adds a test for the case that there is no Qt, and it adds
> handling for the case that a target does not contain any C++ files (it now
> does nothing).
>
> The crash can be also reproduced with the attached example, completely
> without Qt and/or automoc.

in case it's not clear: the attached example crashes cmake before the patch,
with the patch, and also in the AutomocFixWithoutQt branch.

The patch only avoided that specific situation when it occured with automoc,
but the same situation can also happen independent from automoc.
That's why I reverted the patch mostly in the AutomocFixWithoutQt branch.

Alex