[cmake-developers] Preparing for 2.8.11-rc1

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Mon Mar 4 08:58:49 EST 2013

Stephen,

We originally wanted to start the 2.8.11 release candidate series at
the end of January.  We've delayed it while your usage requirements
feature has cooked.  Even last week you were polishing up a few subtle
corrections, so it was worth the wait.

Normally we try to avoid delaying a new release for a feature still
under development but this one required such pervasive changes that
it would have been impractical to develop it on a separate branch.
Since it is in master we have to wait until it is ready before we
can release again.  However, there are many other features and bug
fixes since 2.8.10 for which people are awaiting 2.8.11.

Do you feel the feature has become mature enough for release?  Are
there any other tests or use cases under development elsewhere on
which we should wait?