[cmake-developers] [CMake 0013970]: Troubles importing cmake c++ project into eclipse using Eclipse CDT4 generator

Mantis Bug Tracker mantis at public.kitware.com
Sun Mar 3 10:57:44 EST 2013

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
Reported By:                kesten
Assigned To:
Project:                    CMake
Issue ID:                   13970
Category:                   CMake
Reproducibility:            always
Severity:                   minor
Date Submitted:             2013-03-03 10:57 EST
Last Modified:              2013-03-03 10:57 EST
I started this in a previous thread.

The update to 2.8.10.2 got me past some issues.
However, i'm still having troubles getting included files to be recognized.

I'm not sure how to upload photos to this site, so i created a page elsewhere
describing the difficulties (complete with photos and video links)

https://sites.google.com/site/apachestack/assignments/homeworkforweekofoctober25th/example-importing-an-enterprise-c-cmake-project

https://sites.google.com/site/apachestack/classroom-pictures

Any tips to getting rid of all the "red ink" in my project would be most
appreciated.  The build works because eclipse just delegates to make at the
commandline.  But all the nice features like code complete and "open
declaration" only work for a very few files in the project.

thanks,

kesten

Steps to Reproduce:
Create .project and .cproject files for eclipse using cmake -G "Eclipse CDT4
Unix Makefiles" option.
Open project in eclipse.
Manually include any paths not inluded automatically using the Properties
dialog.
Most included components are displayed with a red underline and a complaint of
"Symbol X could not be resolved".  Even for X in the std lib.

Additional Information:
Complete details in the links in Description field.

Issue History
Date Modified    Username       Field                    Change