[cmake-developers] INTERFACE_LINK_LIBRARIES property?

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Thu Jun 27 03:35:43 EDT 2013

Brad King wrote:

> On 6/26/2013 12:24 PM, Stephen Kelly wrote:
>> EXPORT_LINK_INTERFACE_LIBRARIES option
>
> I think the generated targets file will need to bump its
> minimum required version of CMake if the policy is NEW
> and the compatibility export option is not used.  Otherwise
> consuming projects running older CMake versions will silently
> get through the CMake step and fail at build time.

Yes, something has to be done to fix that. I would add a check on the cmake
version with a FATAL_ERROR, like in the Qt 5 config files. It looks like
bumping the CMAKE_IMPORT_FILE_VERSION alone wouldn't have any effect because
there is no other code checking it, so that would have to be added. It seems
easier to me and no worse to add a FATAL_ERROR?