[cmake-developers] Test fails with Xcode

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Wed Jun 26 09:14:51 EDT 2013

On 06/25/2013 04:21 AM, Stephen Kelly wrote:
> The ExportImport test is failing with two Xcode dashboards (but not the
> other xcode dashboards)
>
>  http://open.cdash.org/testSummary.php?project=1&name=ExportImport&date=2013-06-25
>  http://open.cdash.org/testDetails.php?test=196266835&build=2946532
>
> clang: error: no such file or directory: '/Users/builder/external/CMake-xcode-dbg-x86_64/Tests/ExportImport/Import/A/excludedFromAll/Debug/libexcludedFromAll.a'
>
> Any idea why that library would not be created in only those two?

Sean, this happened on these two builds:

 RogueResearch7 Mac10.8-xcode-dbg-x86_64
 RogueResearch9 Mac10.6-xcode-rel-x86_64

Last night Stephen switched the test to use a shared library and
now it fails only on

 RogueResearch7 Mac10.8-xcode-dbg-x86_64
 http://open.cdash.org/testDetails.php?test=196407273&build=2947399
 clang: error: no such file or directory: '/Users/builder/external/CMake-xcode-dbg-x86_64/Tests/ExportImport/Import/A/excludedFromAll/Debug/libexcludedFromAll.dylib'

though it may be sporadic.  I cannot reproduce it on my OS X 10.8
machine.  In the above-linked output one can see that Xcode does
not build the "excludedFromAll" target prior to the failure.  In
my local build it does.  Something is tricking your Xcode into not
building the target.

Please take a look to see if you can identify the problem in your
local build tree.