[cmake-developers] [CMake 0014208]: Provide build system information query command

Mantis Bug Tracker mantis at public.kitware.com
Fri Jun 7 09:35:17 EDT 2013

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
Reported By:                Nils Gladitz
Assigned To:
Project:                    CMake
Issue ID:                   14208
Category:                   CMake
Reproducibility:            always
Severity:                   feature
Date Submitted:             2013-06-07 09:35 EDT
kwsys provides system information query functions in SystemInformation.cxx.

CTest queries and transmits system information to CDash but there doesn't seem
to be any way for me to access that information from CMake itself.

A query command like e.g. get_system_information(TOTAL_VIRTUAL_MEMORY
<output_variable>) would be nice.

Personally I'd like to see how much memory the system has available so I can
estimate an upper limit of tests that I can run in parallel.

It could also render the rather complicated implementation of
ProcessorCount.cmake obsolete.

Issue History
Date Modified    Username       Field                    Change