[cmake-developers] INTERFACE_LINK_LIBRARIES property?

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Thu Jun 6 14:29:33 EDT 2013

On 06/06/2013 02:18 PM, Stephen Kelly wrote:
> Brad King wrote:
>> But those are incomplete.  The policy CMP0022 you added should also
>> affect the implementation of tll to choose which interface properties
>> to populate.
>
> I thought that's what we have a second policy (CMP0023) for? Isn't that what
> we discussed?

Read my last review comments again.

The policies are orthogonal but both change tll:

* The signature policy affects allowed combinations of old and new
  signature calls (where "new" includes LINK_(PUBLIC|PRIVATE|INTERFACE)).
  The OLD behavior allows old AND new signature calls on the same target.
  The NEW behavior allows old XOR new signature calls on the same target.
  It has no effect on link interface properties, set or get.

* The interface policy affects which properties define the link interface.
  In OLD behavior tll populates the old properties and CMake uses them.
  In NEW behavior tll populates the new property and CMake uses it.
  It has no effect on allowed tll signatures.