[cmake-developers] Expanding lists from genexes for add_custom_command

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Wed Jun 5 10:11:02 EDT 2013

Hi,

This was discussed here before:

 http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.programming.tools.cmake.devel/6255/focus=6273

I don't think the idea to have quotedness determine whether
add_custom_command expands a list into multiple arguments or consider it one
argument is a good one.

Instead, I propose adding a $<EXPAND:...> generator expression which is only
valid for the COMMAND section of add_custom_command (and probably
add_custom_target), which indicates that the ... should be considered
multiple arguments separated by ';'.

I pushed a proof of concept to my clone as EXPAND-genex. Any thoughts?