[cmake-developers] INTERFACE_LINK_LIBRARIES property?

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Tue Jun 4 11:44:51 EDT 2013

Hi,

I've pushed my current work to my clone in the INTERFACE_LINK_LIBRARIES-prop
topic. It's not yet complete, but I think it has almost all elements of the
solution.

Brad King wrote:

>>> I wonder if we can distinguish PUBLIC/PRIVATE/INTERFACE for STATIC
>>> for application of usage requirements.  The requirement to link
>>> dependents to a static library's dependencies is an implementation
>>> detail for linking only.
>>
>> Something like this will probably be possible. I'll have a closer look at
>> the implementation later.

An issue with static libraries arises when exporting, as we only export the
INTERFACE_LINK_LIBRARIES, but we want to communicate both link dependencies
and usage dependencies through it. I left a comment in one of the commits
proposing a genex-based solution similar to the INSTALL_INTERFACE genex.