[cmake-developers] [CMake 0014317]: Configuration dependent install EXPORT

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Tue Jul 30 09:50:25 EDT 2013

On 07/30/2013 09:46 AM, Stephen Kelly wrote:
> That is, parameters to install(TARGETS) are evaluated at export time, and
> otherwise the contents of the property are reproduced verbatim.

Yes, I think this makes sense.  The install rules run as part of
the current project's build just like custom commands, so it makes
sense to evaluate generator expressions immediately.  However, the
implementation may be a bit complicated because now cmake_install.cmake
script code will have to branch on BUILD_TYPE to pick which install
rule to run.  There is already infrastructure for this to support
the CONFIGURATIONS option of install(TARGETS) so maybe it is okay.