[cmake-developers] cmake --deprecated-warnings and cmake --deprecated-errors

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Tue Jul 30 06:30:28 EDT 2013

Hi,

It's now possible to invoke cmake with -DCMAKE_WARN_DEPRECATED=1 and also
with -DCMAKE_ERROR_DEPRECATED=1 to get deprecation warnings or errors.

I wonder if we should add --deprecated-warnings and --deprecated-errors and
document them in cmake --help, as --warn-uninitialized etc? I think it's
something we can do after 2.8.12, but I want to make sure it doesn't change
anything in how the deprecation stuff works or is used currently.