[cmake-developers] Introducing the ${Foo_TARGETS} variable (IntroduceTARGETSVariable branch)

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Mon Jul 29 16:41:40 EDT 2013

On Monday 29 July 2013, Brad King wrote:
> On 07/26/2013 04:17 PM, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > This should make sure that using this variable in a tll() call should
> > suffice to give the target the required include dirs and libraries.
>
> Sounds good!
>
> I propose the name "Foo_LIBRARY_TARGETS" instead because the intended
> use case is only for libraries.

I already thought the same, that this thing is not for all imported targets,
i.e. plugins, executables and libraries, but only for libraries.
It's juts a bit long.

Personally I'm undecided.
Probably being more correct is the better choice in this case.

So, is your proposal just an alternative to think about or do you feel
strongly that it should be this way ?

> >   KCoreAddons_TARGETS set by it lists the following non-existant targets:
> >   Foo
>
> s/existant/existent/
>
> > * Should the variable be mentioned in the documentation for
> > find_package() ?
>
> Yes, since it is this command that enforces the error messages.

I pushed that to the branch on stage.
I guess you'll want to have a look at it, it can probably be improved. :-)

Alex