[cmake-developers] Introducing the ${Foo_TARGETS} variable (IntroduceTARGETSVariable branch)

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Mon Jul 29 09:34:51 EDT 2013

Alexander Neundorf wrote:

> So it can be used in tll() calls to link against the library (package).
> What makes it differ from Foo_LIBRARIES, is that CMake checks that each of
> the items listed in this variable
> * is an existing target

> * has the INTERFACE_INCLUDE_DIRS property set.

Are you really certain it is always an error for a target to not set this?

> Comments ?
> If possible, I'd like to get that into 2.8.12.

I'm still planning on getting the 'double colons for IMPORTED targets'
feature in, but after 2.8.12. This is orthogonal, but the motivation is
similar.

My preference is to get a 2.8.12 out soon and open up for features after
that. I have a few waiting for that already.