[cmake-developers] CMake is slow for project with hundred target and one command with large number of dependencies

Nicolas Desprès nicolas.despres at gmail.com
Mon Jul 29 08:40:06 EDT 2013

On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 2:25 PM, Stephen Kelly <steveire at gmail.com> wrote:

> Nicolas Desprès wrote:
>
> >> Also, I don't see why the custom comparison functor is needed at all. I
> >> removed it and sped up the test significantly. Can you explain?
> >>

> > I had some failing tests because the previous algorithm was not a plain
> > strcpy().
>
> I don't see any strcpy(). Anyway, I think that's as much useful review I
> can
> do for you. I think Brad will have to do the rest.

Arg. Sorry for being unclear (English is not my mother tongue).

The std::less<string> comparator do the same thing (as strcpy() < 0).
Unfortunately, we cannot use it here because the previous (O(N))
implementation of cmMakefile::GetSourceFileWithOutput(const char*) was more
complex than that (have a look to the code my path replaces). Of course, I
first tried with the default comparator to save me some work but some tests
were failing. Namely: ExportImport and CustomCommand.

Hope this help.
Thanks for your time.
-Nico