[cmake-developers] Where to document the graphviz options ?

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Wed Jul 24 16:31:40 EDT 2013

Hi,

using cmake --graphviz=filename .
you can generate graphs showing the dependencies between the targets.
If present, cmake will read a CMakeGraphVizOptions.cmake file, and use options
from it, e.g. GRAPHVIZ_GRAPH_TYPE and GRAPHVIZ_EXTERNAL_LIBS.
AFAIK this is not documented anywhere, and I would like to change this.

But where should I put this information ?
Simply list the variables in the variables section, and mention that they need
to be set in a CMakeGraphVizOptions.cmake file ?
Better ideas ?

Alex