[cmake-developers] SelectLibraryConfigurations cached/advanced variables

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Thu Jul 18 10:32:31 EDT 2013

On 07/10/2013 08:53 AM, Brad King wrote:
> Also please update the commit messages to include the explanations
> from your email.  Go ahead and push to Git by following the
> directions at http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake/Git/Develop

Thanks.  Daniele, please also proceed with the merge to 'next':

 http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake/Git/Develop#Merge_a_Topic_for_Testing

Sorry, I should have been more clear about how many of the steps
to follow before.  If you're prepared to check the dashboard for
errors and resolve them by extending the topic the next day then
it is usually safe to merge to 'next' for testing.  Anything that
goes in next can be revised, rewritten, or reverted before it is
later merged to master.

> It looks like this functionality was extracted from FindQt4 but
> FindQt4 was not refactored to use SelectLibraryConfigurations.
> Since then the implementation in FindQt4 has evolved without
> porting the changes.
>
> Clinton, is there any reason not to resolve this duplication?
> Also, it looks like FindQt4 force-caches the _LIBRARY variable.
> Is that necessary instead of just a variable set?

Clinton, can FindQt4 be refactored to use SelectLibraryConfigurations
now?