[cmake-developers] Working towards Windows Phone 8 support

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Mon Jul 15 08:38:11 EDT 2013

On 07/12/2013 07:58 AM, Paul Annetts wrote:
> I'm interested in contributing towards Windows Phone 8 support in
> CMAKE, i.e. http://public.kitware.com/Bug/view.php?id=13791

Thanks for working on this.  Consider drawing attention to your
work by posting in the issue tracker too.  I haven't personally
worked on any wp80 development so it will be helpful to recruit
others to help review the work.

> new "Visual Studio 11 Windows Phone 8" generator

Our convention is to have no spaces in the name of the architecture,
so a name like "Visual Studio 11 WP8" will be better.  Some projects
use regular expressions to parse the generator name so we should
stick to that convention.

> 1.       Targets the Windows Phone 8 platform toolset (v110_wp80).

See the CMAKE_GENERATOR_TOOLSET feature added in 2.8.11 along with
the -T command-line option to set it.

> 2.       Has content that allows MSBUILD/Visual Studio to build a
> .lib target for either Win32 (x86 emulator) and ARM (devices) platforms.

Do you mean multiple architectures in one vcxproj file?

> How should I go about getting my work reviewed at an early stage?

If the patch series is relatively small you can just use
"git format-patch" and post the patches to this list.

Alternatively, if the topic is large, we publish mirrors of the
Git repo:

 https://github.com/Kitware/CMake
 http://gitorious.org/cmake/cmake

If you have an account on one of those you can fork/clone the
project there, publish your topic to your own account, and then
post a link here.