[cmake-developers] Unexpected bad status for file DOWNLOAD for http://*.xz URLs

Alan W. Irwin irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca
Fri Jul 12 19:27:51 EDT 2013

On 2013-07-12 23:33+0200 Eric Noulard wrote:

>> Seriously, though, what do you do in the Windows case where
>> there is no "trusted" distribution to build the openssl library for you?  I
>> presume you download some Windows binary from a location you trust, but
>> what location is that?
>
> Then ask your windows provider to provide one.

Actually, I don't have a windows provider since my Windows platform is
Wine where it is the user's responsibility to download or build any
additional libraries beyond the fundamental Windows ones that the user
might need.

So since the KitWare developers have to make a decision about this
security issue for their own distribution of the CMake binary version
for Windows, I was asking them for a recommendation for a trusted
version of ssh for Windows platforms that I could use myself on Wine.

I don't really understand your response to my question. Who better to
ask than your open-source friends for a recommendation of a
trustworthy supplier of the Windows binary version of the openssl
library?

Alan
Alan W. Irwin