[cmake-developers] Deprecating qt4_use_modules and qt4_automoc?

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Fri Jul 12 09:50:08 EDT 2013

clinton at elemtech.com wrote:

> What is the motivation for deprecating these?
> Can we just let them fade away on their own as the world moves from Qt4 to
> Qt5?

This is entirely orthogonal to Qt 5.

qt4_use_modules is new, but provides no benefit over tll(). We shouldn't
encourage adoption of it for people who are already depending on 2.8.11.

qt4_automoc is suboptimal, not present in the Qt 5 macros, and made obsolete
by the CMAKE_AUTOMOC feature. With two similar features, one of them should
be marked obsolete.