[cmake-developers] Roadmap to 2.8.12

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Fri Jul 12 09:41:39 EDT 2013

Stephen Kelly wrote:

> Yes, apart from tll-new-signatures, I'd like to try to get the
> export-policy and target-LOCATION-policy topics from my clone into 2.8.12.

Actually, the export-policy branch deprecates the ability to write code like

 export(TARGETS foo FILE fooTargets.cmake)
 include(fooTargets.cmake)

without providing a more modern alternative (ALIAS targets). I think that
policy should be in the release which introduces ALIAS targets, so I don't
recommend getting export-policy or target-LOCATION-policy into 2.8.12.

I've pushed an implementation of ALIAS-targets to my clone. It's actually
very simple, so I'm confident we can get it into the next release.