[cmake-developers] Semi-colons in COMPILE_DEFINITIONS

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Wed Jul 10 08:52:34 EDT 2013

Hi there,

Yesterday I merged (and then reverted) the compile-defs-debugging branch
into next. It was failing with the VS generators.

Today I added a hack to handle semicolons specially. It's not a very good or
exact solution, but it seems to make the Preprocessor test pass again.

The problem is revealed because I changed GetCompileDefinitions to populate
an out-vector instead of returning a string, which the VS generator used to
use directly. The use of ExpandListArguments does not handle the 'escaped'
semicolon. Should it be taught to?