[cmake-developers] Using multiple toolchains

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Mon Jul 8 17:16:04 EDT 2013

2013/7/8 Alexander Neundorf <neundorf at kde.org>:
> On Friday 05 July 2013, Eric Noulard wrote:
>> > I don't think an inappropriate amount of work or fundamental change to
>> > cmake is required to achieve step 2.
>>
>> "innappropriate amount" heavily depends on who is doing the job but I guess
>> that the already proven workload given by Stephen to CMake speaks for
>> itself. I'm pretty sure he'll manage to do that.
>
> Since this involves changes quite in the core of cmake, I'm quite sure
> somebody (Brad) would have to invest about the same amount of time into this
> as Stephen. So it's not only the question whether Stephen would be able to do
> it, but also whether there is a reviewer with enough time.

Yes right, I value your opinion..
I was only giving "my" point of view no more.

And I did say that:

"The main issue would be, could it become a nightmare to maintain?"

Giving a fair amount of time one time may be done
ensuring long term support may be difficult.

--
Erk
L'élection n'est pas la démocratie -- http://www.le-message.org