[cmake-developers] How should Mac frameworks work?

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Mon Jul 1 13:42:15 EDT 2013

On 7/1/2013 1:21 PM, Clinton Stimpson wrote:
> This change hasn't been released yet and will go into CMake 2.8.12.
> As far as I know, it really doesn't matter which of the 2 you use for
> IMPORTED_LOCATION as they both work.

To clarify:

* Clinton is talking about what IMPORTED_LOCATION values the
  CMake export infrastructure will place in exported targets.

* Steve is asking about what should be put in IMPORTED_LOCATION
  by an external package.

Either the versioned or unversioned path will work, but both
paths refer to a file inside the ".framework" rather than the
framework directory itself.