[cmake-developers] How should Mac frameworks work?

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Mon Jul 1 11:11:58 EDT 2013

On 7/1/2013 10:08 AM, Stephen Kelly wrote:
> What path actually should be in the IMPORTED_LOCATION in order for the
> framework to be handled correctly?

I don't remember for sure off the top of my head, but I think that
the automatic "-F" options work when the path is "/path/to/foo.framework"
but IMPORTED_LOCATION wants "/path/to/foo.framework/foo".  The former
is meant for find_* command results IIRC, and the latter was never
meant to automatically add -F for imported targets because I didn't
know about that feature when first working on imported frameworks.

Take the above paragraph with a grain of salt because I wrote it off
the top of my head and haven't had a chance to look at the code.

Clinton, you refactored all of the internals for this recently.
Can you comment, please?