[cmake-developers] FindPackageCheckArchLinuxSymlinks branch on stage

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Fri Jan 25 15:43:47 EST 2013

On Thursday 24 January 2013, Brad King wrote:
> On 01/24/2013 03:40 PM, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > There is now the PackageConfigHelper_UsrMove branch on stage.
> >
> > If the Config.cmake will be installed to /lib(64) or /usr/lib(64), it
> > will use full absolute paths.
>
> I like that approach.  It automatically distinguishes between the two
> common use cases with no special settings.  Normally a binary tarball
> distribution would be installed with a prefix like
>
>  .../$package-$version
>
> into a use home directory so that $package-$version/ would be at the
> top of the tarball.  In that case your new logic will still use the
> relative paths.  Nice!

One note: this checks is done at cmake time of the package in question, not at
install or at usage time (which would be the best time to do it).

I guess this does not work as it should if the install location is changed by
giving a modified CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX to cmake_install.cmake .
But it's the best I could come up with so far.

Alex