[cmake-developers] Remaining issues around umbrella Config files?

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 17:29:01 EST 2013

Alexander Neundorf wrote:

> On Monday 21 January 2013, Stephen Kelly wrote:

>> I didn't closely follow the threads around this. Is there any other
>> behavior that I should account for here?
>
> Seems ok.
>
> Minor nitpick:
> I would probably prefer an error message which mentions component and the
> exact name of the expected config-file instead of the generic
> find_package() error message.

Sorry, I don't understand. Could you be more specific and write the error
you expect?

> Also, since in the patch you only have
> find_package() check in ${_qt5_install_prefix}, I think the error message
> should mention where it expects this file exactly.

Generically, it could be in one of (for example):

 ${_qt5_install_prefix}/Qt5QuickConfig.cmake
 ${_qt5_install_prefix}/Qt5Quick/Qt5QuickConfig.cmake
 ${_qt5_install_prefix}/lib/cmake/Qt5Quick/Qt5QuickConfig.cmake
 // etc

so, in the general case for umbrella config files, the prefix is the best we
can put in the error message (and I already do, in the patch).

I was thinking though that as Qt puts all cmake files in

 ${_qt5_install_prefix}/lib/cmake/<name>

that I could put that in the error message. Is that what you meant too?