[cmake-developers] What's still cooking in my clone

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 12:36:29 EST 2013

Now that almost everything I've been working on is in master, I've rebased
the rest of the branches to master and pushed them to my clone. They're all
independent now.

 * INTERFACE_LIBRARY-target-type

Adding an INTERFACE_LIBRARY type to cmake. This is needed for things like
header-only libraries. Needs to touch other generators to handle the new
type.

 * compatible-interface-strings

This one is similar to the COMPATIBLE_INTERFACE_BOOL, but we don't have any
concrete need for it yet. Other than that, it's ready to merge I think.

 * install-interface-includes

Convenience for setting the includes install interface of installed targets.
Needs some more design in case there are other 'install artifacts' which
might usefully be related to INTERFACE properties on install (what others
are there?).

 * join-genex

Adding a JOIN generator expression, and requiring a way to generate files at
generate time with generator expression content. This is for more-
declarative and target-orientated macro use. Needs API design.

 * tll-includes-defines

I realized that as no one is using the INTERFACE_INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES yet,
there is no need for a policy on this one. Of course, that option expires
with the release of 2.8.11. I'll drop that branch then if it is not merged.