[cmake-developers] [CMake 0013849]: ExternalProject_Add works in a wrong way for DEPENDS property

Mantis Bug Tracker mantis at public.kitware.com
Tue Jan 15 09:49:17 EST 2013

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
Reported By:                Ivan Bednyakov
Assigned To:
Project:                    CMake
Issue ID:                   13849
Category:                   CMake
Reproducibility:            always
Severity:                   major
Date Submitted:             2013-01-15 09:49 EST
Last Modified:              2013-01-15 09:49 EST
It should be noticed that at the version 2.8.8 this error didn't appear.
Trying to add dependencies to an ExternalProject brings me to the error like

-External project "MyDependencyLibrary" has no stamp_dir

Actually I have the following CMakeLists tree:
1). A main one, where I declaring targets like IMPORTED libraries (to the libs
produced by "MyExternalProject"), etc. and where I have 2 calls to
ADD_SUBDIRECTORY(...);
2). A Leaf 1, where ADD_LIBRARY( MyDependencyLibrary ...) exists, defining some
target "MyDependencyLibrary";
3). A Leaf 2, where ExternalProject_Add( MyExternalProject DEPENDS
MyDependencyLibrary ...) exists;

In such a building tree I get the mentioned above error. At the earlier version
(CMake-2.8.8) all was Ok!

Issue History
Date Modified    Username       Field                    Change