[cmake-developers] LINK_LIBRARIES property topic

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 08:15:48 EST 2013

Brad King wrote:

> Steve,
>
> I've reviewed this topic:
>
> 4cf80cc Make sure types match exacty without conversion when making
> std::pairs. 786aa36 Fix (hopefully) the Mac build.
> 9bb1f54 Populate the LINK_LIBRARIES property when linking to targets.
> 1381d56 Add a HEAD-target to target linking API.

Assuming this one will get in today, I've pushed a few more topics to my
gitorious clone which are up next.

* LINK_INTERFACE_LIBRARIES-genex

Make the LINK_INTERFACE_LIBRARIES properties genex capable. This is far
easier than introducing a new INTERFACE_LINK_LIBRARIES property, and gets us
to the position that includes, defines, and linked libraries can all be
determined by generator expressions in plumbing API. The new
INTERFACE_LINK_LIBRARIES property was only to be added for consistency with
other INTERFACE properties, and I still think it should be added later.

* INTERFACE_POSITION_INDEPENDENT_CODE

Allow dependees to determine the value of the POSITION_INDEPENDENT_CODE
property of a target.

I also pushed a INTERFACE_PROPERTIES branch which will follow on from this
one, but we can mostly discuss that one later.