[cmake-developers] Interface includes and defines plumbing

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 09:26:31 EST 2013

Brad King wrote:

> On 01/04/2013 08:39 AM, Stephen Kelly wrote:
>> Stephen Kelly wrote:

>>> You mean you want the $<CONFIG:mappedCfg> expression to depend on
>>> whether LOCATION_mappedCfg exists, as the logic in ComputeImportInfo
>>> requires?
>>
>> Done now, I think.
>
> Yes.  For any given imported target a specific imported configuration
> must be chosen to correspond to each of the current project's configs.
> I think any place that uses context->Config needs to map it through
> this lookup, not just $<CONFIG:...>, right?

Perhaps. There are existing uses in master (For TARGET_SONAME_FILE etc)
which could possibly go through the mapping. I don't think that needs to
block this topic though.

The other uses of context->Config is in $<CONFIGURATION>, where I don't
think the mapping should be used, and CONFIG_DEBUG, which you said
previously should not use the mapping.

 http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.programming.tools.cmake.devel/5398/focus=5488

If, you agree, I'll merge this to next.