[cmake-developers] Interface includes and defines plumbing

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 15:32:59 EST 2013

Hi there,

While the porcelain API for setting includes and defines is somewhat
controversial, the plumbing is not, as far as I can tell. I previously wrote
that I'd like to get all of the INTERFACE_* related commits in together, but
I don't think that matters so much really. I'd prefer to get in the base
features that I can when they're ready, instead of needing to wait for
'reverse-depends' to also be ready.

I'd like to focus first on the on those commits and get them ready for
review. They are in the interface-includes-defines branch in my clone.

After that I'll split out the commits for the LINK_LIBRARIES property, the
link-dependent interface properties like INTERFACE_PIC, and then the
INTERFACE_LIBRARY type. After that I'd like to get back to the rest.

I was wondering when the release-candidate period will start for 2.8.11? Or
will there be a release-candidate period at all anymore? Is the 2.8.11
release scheduled?